SCC Student Services will resume on-ground services to the public beginning Aug. 6 during limited business hours. Services will be offered by appointment only with the exception of visitors to Bigfoot Central (Building 15).
Remote services hours and contact information can be found on the SCC Remote Student Services page. Remote services are offered throughout the summer Monday - Thursday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Building 15: Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Bigfoot Central
- Disability Support Services
- Dual Enrollment
- Financial Aid
- Non-Credit Registration
Building 16: Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Building 9: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. from July 7 - August 13
Northern County Campuses
Colville and Newport: Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Ione (opened Aug. 12): Wednesdays, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Inchelium: Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Republic: Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
In order to practice safe social/physical distancing, the following measures have been implemented in Student Service departments:
- Signage will be posted requiring visitors wear masks. Buildings will have clearly marked entrance/exits to maintain a safe flow of traffic.
- Staff will wear face masks/shields when communicating with students (DSS will have clear face shields to communicate with Deaf or Hard of Hearing students).
- Bigfoot Central (Building 15) and other locations have installed plexiglass at main reception locations.
- When possible, conference rooms or other designated spaces that can accommodate for safe physical distancing will be utilized for meetings with students in person/zoom. These spaces will be disinfected after each use.
- Furniture will be rearranged to observe at least 6 feet of social/physical distancing.
- High-touch items have been removed or minimized in each location (staplers, magazines, etc.).
- GED testing open, testing center will block off computers to ensure 6 foot social distancing (Colville & Newport).
- Library and computer labs closed, open by appointment only (Colville).
Included in the Student Services Reopening will be the resumption of operations in the Testing Center. Safety protocols severely limit the capacity of the center, but we realize the importance of that function for our students.
The SCC Testing Center will begin opening to the public on Thursday, July 30 by appointment only. Summer hours will be Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Start dates of the proctored tests that will be available this summer are listed below. With the exception of Pearson Vue, students may schedule their appointment by contacting the Testing Center at email@example.com or 509-533-7074.
- Pearson Vue (GED only by special permission from Pearson Vue) – up to 15 tests per day. Students are required to make their appointment through Pearson Vue. Please note, due to Pearson Vue contract requirements testing appointments will be available for both SCC students and non-students.
- Accuplacer up to 16 students per day, or pre-CASAS up to 12 student per day (we will alternate days depending on demand).
- DSS Testing Accommodations – up to 10 students per day.
- Classroom Testing Exceptions – Use the Proctored Testing Exception Form to request an exception. Please note that based on the current safety requirements we are unable to proctor classroom testing carte blanche, but will accommodate as many exception requests as possible.